Letting Go of Stuff
1. Do I love it?
2. Do I need it?
3. Does it reflect who I am now in my life?
4. Does it act as an environmental affirmation to me?
5. What positive and/or negative thoughts, memories, or emotions do I associate with it?
6. Does it need to be fixed or repaired, and am I willing to do so now?
7. If I moved tomorrow, would I choose to take it with me?
8. If it is time to let it go, am I going to sell, lend or give it away, and when?
The Decluttering Hour
You’ll need three boxes. Label one Donate. The second one Recycle. The third Give to a Friend.
Here’s what you do. Pick up everything, one thing at a time, and ask yourself:
Do I use this? Have I used it in the past year?
Will I use it again in the next three months?
Do I love it? Does it have meaning for me?
If the answer is No, pick a box and let it go.
Repeat the Decluttering Hour once a week until you are complete with all the spaces in your life (car, office, garage, and every room, closet, drawer in your home)
40 Bags in 40 Days
Simple. Fill one bag a day of stuff that you no longer need or use. This could also include paper and files. Do this for 40 days!
Building Community with Your Stuff
- Host a Give- Away Party
- Host a Clothing Swap
- Organize a Neighborhood Block Sale
- The Sharing Solution (Nolo Press)
- Start a Less Stuff, More Fun campaign
- Join Green America’s campaign #insteadofstuff
Copyright © 2016 Elegant Organization. All rights reserved.
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication